I'm thrilled to announce a few upcoming events where I'll be covering the topic of creating your own set of Leadership Maxims. Defining these maxims is a core tool of a good leader. I recently met an EVP at a Fortune 100 who actually has his written on a small laminated card attached to his corporate security badge. This stuff matters and it works.
The first event is a breakfast sponsored by the Columbus Young Professionals on April 7th at 730AM. To register, CLICK HERE. It's only $5 and that pays for your coffee (I'm not receiving any compensation for this engagement - it's my way of giving back to the community).
The second event is June 9th at 530PM. I'm speaking at the Ohio Growth Summit and again will be covering the topic of Leadership Maxims. It's $6 to attend and again, all proceeds go to the Summit (not me). REGISTER HERE. The summit is going to be fantastic. The two other keynote speakers are my good friend Jim Canterucci and Chris Brogan (yes, THAT Chris Brogan).
I should probably give you some more details on our Leadership Maxims program as well as background on the organizations sponsoring these events...
Leadership Maxims
Our Leadership Maxims approach is one of our core course offerings at thoughtLEADERS. Whether you're a new leader or an experienced one, it helps to articulate your own set of personal leadership maxims. These maxims provide you a touchstone you can refer to every day to remind yourself how you want to show up as a leader. During the course, you'll experience:
- A model for the examination of self
- An articulation of what you stand for
- An appreciation of where you're going
- An understanding of how you want to lead
- A creation of your own practical "maxims" that you can start using immediately
We explore four holistic aspects of leadership which include:
- Leading Yourself
- Leading the Thinking
- Leading Your People
- Leading a Balanced Life
If you're interested in bringing the course into your organization, drop me a line. We also cover the methodology as part of our mastermind programs. Again, if you'd like to join one of our mastermind groups, just email us.
The Columbus Young Professionals Club
The Columbus Young Professionals Club is a Columbus, Ohio based organization focused on providing social, cultural, philanthropic, athletic, and career networking opportunities for Columbus-area professionals in their twenties, thirties, and early forties, including graduate-level college students and others wishing to join.
The Ohio Growth Summit
The future belongs to innovators that can turn ideas into action...in other words small business owners and entrepreneurs. The Ohio Growth Summit is a celebration of your spirit and "make it happen" attitude. The Summit is designed to stimulate actions that will lead to increased growth of your business by providing unparalleled networking, connections and content target directly at increasing your business' bottom line.
I hope to see you at the events!
- Mike Figliuolo at thoughtLEADERS, LLC
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Do you know your leadership maxims?
Tags: Leadership, Upcoming Events
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Did you mean June 10th for the Ohio Growth Summit?
@Pixie - The full summit occurs on the 10th (Chris Brogan and Jim Canterucci are speaking that day). I'm actually speaking the evening before on the 9th at the kickoff/tweetup. I hope that clarifies. Thanks for asking. Hope to see you there.
Post a Comment